WHO WE ARE:
The Prairie Performance Triathlon was originally formed and registered as a triathlon team in September 1995 under the name Tribalistic Triathlon Team. The team has about 50 members – some who have been with us from the start, as well as rookies who just joined – who enjoy training in a positive environment with a great program to help us achieve our varied goals.
Prairie Performance Triathlon Coaching Program is intended for competitive-minded age group athletes. Our program and coaching will benefit athletes just getting into triathlon, as well as more experienced racers competing for personal bests and top results at provincial, national and international races.
If you have the desire to train and improve, the Prairie Performance Triathlon Coaching Program and our workout environment will help you achieve greater performance and remain injury free.
The program allows individuals to manipulate their own training times to fit their lifestyle and meet their triathlon goals by offering six weekly workouts. Individual athlete/coach consultations can also be made available at any point throughout the season to assist with a particular athlete’s development.
All workouts and schedules are subject to change. Please check the calendar page for the latest updates.
Typical Winter schedule (November to March):
- Tuesdays (6:00-7:30 pm): coached indoor track workout (U of M)
- Wednesdays (6:30-8:00 pm): coached indoor bike workout (Winnipeg Rowing Club)
- Saturdays (8:30-10:00 am): outdoor group run workout (Assiniboine Park Duck Pond)
- Sundays (8:30-11:30 am): coached indoor bike workout, indoor circuit and outdoor run (Winnipeg Rowing Club)
Typical Summer schedule (April to August):
- Tuesdays (6:00-7:30 pm): coached outdoor track workout (St. James Collegiate)
- Wednesdays (6:00-7:30 pm): coached outdoor cycling workout (meet at Assiniboine Park Duck Pond)
Additional workouts, including two swims, two bike workouts and two runs, are available on Training Peaks for full members.